By: Abby Salameh, Chief Marketing Officer
Published March 15, 2017
As I consult with many of our independent advisors, they frequently ask me about blogging: What is it? How do I do it? What are the benefits in maintaining blog about financial planning? While there are many tools and resources available to advisors who want to blog, the end result is often the same. The advisor writes or leverages approved content for a blog posting and then never revisits it, or waits months before doing so.
Top Five Reasons to Start a Blog for Your Independent Advisory Practice
Here are the top five reasons independent financial advisors should be blogging:
- Content marketing is a proven way for financial advisors to reach their clients. Content marketing simply means providing valuable content to your audience or followers. Having a blog is a big piece of this. A blog is an effective marketing tool for financial advisors and their clients. It is also a way for prospective clients to find you online.
- The benefits of having a blog can be priceless. Blog postings can help you grow, connect with your clients and position yourself as a thought leader or expert in financial planning and investing. Need inspiration? Here is a list of some of the best financial advisor blogs and bloggers.
- As a trusted source for information, people will revisit your blogs. By providing helpful information to those looking online for topics you are addressing, your blog will help you develop trust and long-term relationships. Just as the PAG blog is a resource for financial advisors, you can be a resource for your clients.
- You will attract more clients. Your existing clients will want to read more about the content their financial advisor is publishing, and they are likely to share that content with others. This creates an increase in your exposure to additional prospective clients and referrals.
- You will drive traffic to your website. While most financial advisors are not necessarily focused on SEO, having a blog and sharing it socially will increase traffic to your website, which in turn will increase your search engine ranking. This means that you will show up higher on a search result page when prospective clients are searching online for a local financial advisor.
PAG Wants to Feature Your Business on Our Blog
One easy solution for advisors working with Private Advisor Group is to showcase your firm on the PAG blog! We are currently seeking to highlight our advisors – their firms, their experiences and their talents – and the true partnership they share with PAG. Maybe this is just the stepping stone you need to get started on your own blog.
Creating your own content and blogging regularly will show your clients that you care about maintaining the long-term relationships you’ve built. Let us help you get started. If interested, reach out to me and let me know.