Financial Advisor Compliance
With heightened regulations and increased scrutiny of the financial services industry, compliance supervision and risk management is a mandatory component of running your own independent financial advisory practice today. Both the SEC and FINRA have their sights on financial advisors for a variety of practices that may not cross your mind. They are looking at everything from documentation and process around specific products to the methodology you are using for choosing asset managers. In addition, there is a heightened emphasis around rollover accounts and hidden fees. Instead of spending your valuable time trying to self-supervise and paying the expensive fees associated with doing so, let the experts at Private Advisor Group do the heavy lifting so you can focus on your business. After all, you don’t know what you don’t know!
PAG’s Dedicated Financial Advisor Compliance Team
Our extensive team of full-time Series 24 registered staff members are experienced, efficient and friendly — making this the greatest outsourced resource for your firm. They are up to date with all the regulation and compliance updates and have regular training on any new guidance that is released from the regulators. In addition, this team’s longevity with the firm ensures they know the processes, procedures, platform, and the products to assist you in every aspect of your business. The confidence they instill in our advisors allows advisors to focus on other areas of their business. In fact, our advisors told us that by joining Private Advisor Group, they were able to dedicate an additional 10–20 hours a week on average to either servicing their clients or prospecting for new ones.
Some of what our compliance team handles:
- Daily requirements (tasks our team performs every day):
- Trade blotter review: to ensure there is no front running or suspicious trading
- Email reviews: identifying any potential insider information or other dubious information
- Correspondence: any written communication that goes to your clients or the public
- Advertising: review of content where you are promoting yourself or your firm to the public
- Annuity orders: analysis of products to ensure accuracy, suitability and approval
- Alternative investments: analysis of product to determine accuracy, suitability and approval
- New account applications: evaluating all content to ensure it is accurate and complete
- Maintaining and updating RIA with regulatory bodies: dealing directly with the SEC and FINRA on all inquiries, audits and regulations
In addition, our compliance team is available for consultation on a variety of topics from product education to questions around accuracy of process and regulations. With the ever-changing environment today, it is assuring to know they are on your side.