Let’s revisit the highlights of our year—moments that brought smiles, celebrations, social buzz and trends shaping our future. This is just a glimpse; stay tuned for more from our amazing Private Advisor Group community in 2024.
Advisor Survey Highlights
Every year we conduct our annual Advisor Insights Survey; in fact, at the time of publishing, our 2024 survey is currently active. Here are some of the interesting trends observed from 2023. We place incredibly high value on advisor feedback as it helps validate and inform our business strategy and how we engage with our community and across the profession.
From webinars to in-person meetings, we hosted multiple opportunities for education, and last year, advisors ranked the Annual Conference as their top source for quality information.
Advisors looking to grow ranked their top priorities within their practice. In order of popularity, our community will be focused on:
- Implementing processes and procedures to run a more efficient practice
- Practice profitability, accounting, and business analysis
- Adoption of new practice technology
From the curated tech stack we make available, tech partners Redtail and eMoney garnered the most “excellent” ratings as third-party technology providers. Our top technology based on adoption rates from a related 2023 survey included in order of popularity are Redtail, Morningstar, eMoney and FMG Suite.
Want to guess what the number one challenge advisors face in serving clients? It’s time! Freeing up capacity and creating efficiencies is more important than ever, and it’s something we continually evaluate, discuss and share best practices to make it happen with advisors.
Shining Bright with Multiple Firm Accolades
We’ve received some incredible industry recognition and wanted to celebrate alongside you.
- Private Advisor Group Listed Among Top-10 RIA Firms by Barron’s for Fifth Straight Year
- Private Advisor Group Recognized as Finalist for Three Awards for the 3rd Annual ThinkAdvisor Luminaries
- Private Advisor Group Recognized as Finalist for Ninth Annual “Wealthies” Awards
Top News & Media Not to Miss
- The Advisor Advantage Podcast with Private Advisor Group | Featuring: CEO Frank Smith & Co-Founder & Executive Chair, Pat Sullivan
- The Wealthies Father-Son Subway Selfie | the top liked and commented on post of 2023 goes to the Sullivans
- Frank Smith Assumes CEO Role |our biggest press release garnering the highest reach
- Championing Advisor Growth With Private Advisor Group | living into our values and delivering on our core principles, Anne Mortera’s recent interview was our EOY highlight
- Navigating Independence: Explore Your Choices – Verne Marble authored our most popular Insights piece of 2023
- As a community we volunteered, donated and invested resources nationwide with Invest in Others and Covenant House New Jersey garnering up some of our largest nonprofit donations thanks to John Hyland and Patrick Sullivan’s board involvement.
Success drivers, growth insights, peer learning and best practices for operational efficiency are themes garnering high engagement. In fact, our highest attended all-advisor call of the year focused on setting your practice up for success, how to qualify for our Elite Retreat event, and peer best practice sharing with advisor guest appearances from Anne Mortera, Ener Almanza and Mike Porrey.
A Growing Community
2023 wrapped up marking Frank Smith’s first full year serving as CEO, we named Adam Schorr as CFO, supported Bill Rabbitt and the WP Financial team with a big acquisition, and all of our newly affiliated advisors are always cause for celebration.
Do you have a favorite story we missed or one to feature? Don’t hesitate to drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for following, covering, and engaging with our community. Cheers to 2024!